dr. R.M.T. (Renske) ten Ham
dr. R.M.T. (Renske) ten Ham
- Department of Public Health, Healthcare Innovation & Evaluation and Medical Humanities (PHM)
Renske ten Ham is an assistant professor at the UMC Utrecht in the Netherlands and specializes in health economics & health technology assessment (HTA) of gene and cell-based therapies. Trained as a pharmacist and with an MSc in HTA, she holds a PhD in Drug Innovation titled: “Development, market authorization and market access of gene- and cell-based therapies”.
Over the years Renske conducted research at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), spend time at the Dutch Medicines Evaluation Board (CBG-MEB) and National Healthcare Institute (Zorginstituut Nederland) and collaborated with several research groups, amongst which the Center of Health Economics at the University of York.
At the Julius Center Renske strives to increase translation of (academic) gene and cell-based therapies towards implementation in healthcare services to facilitate patient access. In doing so her research focusses on payment models, development cost, (early) economic evaluations and business models. She aims to contribute to better understanding of the fit between gene and cell-based therapies and existing development frameworks. This is not only relevant for these transformative therapies but also for future biomedical innovations.
- Co-chair - member engagement ISPOR Special Interest Group Precision Medicine and Advanced Therapies
- Member - Scientific Program Planning Committee PDA Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products Conference to be held 22-23 June 2022 in Brussels, Belgium.
- Member - Young Science in Transition
- Member - The Professional Society for Health Economics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR)
- Member - Dutch Association of Medical Technology Assessment (NVTAG)
- Member - Dutch Association for Health Economics (VGE)
- Board member NVTAG (Nederlandse Vereniging voor Technology Assessment in de Gezondheidszorg) [2017 - 2020]
- President young-NVTAG (Nederlandse Vereniging voor Technology Assessment in de Gezondheidszorg [2017 - 2020]
- Founder & president ISPOR (International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research) Student Chapter at Utrecht University. [2014 - 2016]
Fellowship and Awards
Publication featured as Trends Editors Pick 2020
- Journal: Trends in Pharmacological Sciences
- Awarded publication: Development and Regulation of Gene and Cell-Based Therapies in Europe: A Quantification and Reflection.
Publication featured as Editors Pick 2020
- Journal: Value in Health
- Awarded publication: A Review of Methodological Considerations for Economic Evaluations of Gene Therapies and Their Application in Literature.
Best Scientific Poster 2019
- Conference: TOPRA Conference 2019
- Awarded poster: Challenges in Advanced Therapy Medicinal Product Development
Research Output (6)
Ten Ham Renske M T, Walker Sikon M, Soares Marta O, Frederix Geert W J, Leebeek Frank W G, Fischer Kathelijn, Coppens Michiel, Palmer Stephen J 28 Feb 2022, In: HemaSphere. 6 , p. 1-11
ten Ham Renske M.T., van Nuland Merel, Vreman Rick A., de Graaf Laurens G., Rosing Hilde, Bergman André M., Huitema Alwin D.R., Beijnen Jos H., Hövels Anke M. Jan 2021, In: Value in Health. 24 , p. 121-128 8 p.
Jeong Chang Wook, Herlemann Annika, Cowan Janet E., Broering Jeanette M., ten Ham Renske M. T., Wilson Leslie S., Carroll Peter R., Cooperberg Matthew R. 2021, 4
ten Ham RMT, Klungel Olaf, Leufkens H.G.M., Frederix GWJ Sep 2020, In: Value in Health. 23 , p. 1268-1280 13 p.
Ham RMT, Hovels Anke M., Hoekman J., Frederix GW, Leufkens H.G.M., Klungel Olaf, Jedema I., Nikolic T., van Pel M., Zwaginga J.J., de Goede A., Schreibelt Gerty, de Vries I Jolanda M, Dolstra Harry, Ovelgonne H, Meij P, Mountford J.C., Turner M.L, Hoefnagel MHN Jul 2020, In: Cytotherapy. 22 , p. 388-397 10 p.
ten Ham RM, Hovels Anke, Klungel Olaf, Broekmans André, Hoekman Jarno Feb 2020, In: Trends in Pharmacological Sciences. 41 , p. 67-71 5 p.