prof. dr. M. (Manon) Kluijtmans
prof. dr. M. (Manon) Kluijtmans
- UMC Utrecht Academy
Manon Kluijtmans is professor at the University Medical Center Utrecht, where she holds the chair 'Education to Connect Science and Professional Practice'. As part of her education focussed chair she holds several positions at Utrecht University: a.o. Vice-rector Teaching and Learning, Academic Director of the Centre for Academic Teaching, and chair of the focus area Higher Education Research.
Her research focuses on two main topics:
- Education of clinician-scientists, ideally equipped to make the much desired but often lacking connection between scientific research and care practice.
- Professional development of university teachers, in order to make a connection between scientific theory and professional practice.
Manon has a specific interest in the theoretical perspectives of professional identity development and boundary crossing. A central question in her research is how to educate dual professionals to be brokers between different fields. She is a teacher in the MSc programme Clinical Health Sciences as well as in various advanced teacher-development programmes. Among other, she is involved in the UU-broad Educational Leadership Programme and Senior Fellow Programme, the UMCU-based Teaching Scholars Program, and the international IMEX programme.
UU positions (funded)
- Vice-rector Teaching & Learning Utrecht University
- Academic Director Centre for Academic Teaching andLlearning, Utrecht University
UU positions (non-funded)
- Chair focus area Higher Education Research
External positions (funded)
- External member 'Borgingscommissie onderwijs', KU Leuven, Belgium
External positions (non-funded)
- Reviewer multiple international scientific journals
- Chair LERU policy group Teaching & Learning
- Member NETL Network for Enhancement of Teaching & Learning
- Regularly invited speaker at various national and international universities, meetings, and conferences
- Grant reviewer: AMEE faculty development grant, Higher Education Research grants - focus area HER UU
Research Output (51)
van Tartwijk Jan, van Dijk Esther, Geertsema Johan, Kluijtmans Manon, van der Schaaf Marieke 1 Jan 2022, p. 170-179 10 p.
Wilting I, Drenth-van Maanen A. Clara , Cahn Wiepke, Ververs Tessa, van Wieren B.M.A., Mantel-Teeuwisse Aukje K, Kluijtmans Manon 18 Nov 2021, p. 60-61
van Bruggen-Taverne Lisette, van Dijk Esther, van der Schaaf Marieke, Kluijtmans Manon, ten Cate Olle 12 Nov 2021, In: Medical Teacher. 44 , p. 425-432 8 p.
De Knegt Sicco, University Martijn, Brinkman Loek, Kluijtmans Manon, Miedema Frank 31 Aug 2021, 1 p.
Kalkhoven E, Kluijtmans Manon 28 Aug 2021,
van Dijk Esther, van Tartwijk Jan, van der Schaaf Marieke, Kluijtmans Manon 23 Aug 2021, p. 111-112
van Dijk Esther, van Tartwijk Jan, van der Schaaf Marieke, Kluijtmans Manon 23 Aug 2021,
van Dijk Esther, van Bruggen-Taverne Lisette, Kluijtmans Manon, ten Cate Olle 7 Jul 2021,
van Dongen Lisa, Cardiff Shaun, Kluijtmans Manon, Schoonhoven Lisette, Hamers Jan P.H., Schuurmans Marieke J., Hafsteinsdóttir Thóra B. 2021, In: Nursing Outlook. 69 , p. 550-564 15 p.
van Dijk Esther, van Tartwijk Jan, van der Schaaf Marieke, Kluijtmans Manon 2021,